Zoom Tips and Tricks
Overview of Zoom as the Lean Healthcare Academic Conference from Stanford Platform
Zoom Support: Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)
International numbers available: https://stanford.zoom.us/u/acw6gmZArG
The Conference will be held on Zoom using a mix of both Zoom Webinar and Zoom Meeting links. Similar to the in-person conference, delegates will need to transition from the plenaries (which will be Zoom Webinar) to the poster presentations, Shook and Schein Dialogue, and the networking sessions (which will be Zoom Meetings).
Access to LHAC sessions is limited to registered attendees only and links are not to be shared with unregistered attendees. We will be monitoring the attendees to ensure that everyone is registered.
All attendees will be required to use their full name and name of organization while in Zoom to validate their registration.
All LHAC Zoom sessions will be recorded
Key Distinctions between Zoom Webinars and Zoom Meetings.
Zoom Webinars: The plenaries which will be Zoom Webinars will be “view only” for attendees (this means your camera will not be turned on). You’ll be able to submit questions and up-vote questions submitted by others through the Q&A feature in Zoom Webinar. The session moderators will direct questions to the panelists as time permits.
Zoom Meetings: The Shook and Schein Dialogue, breakout poster presentations and viewings, and networking sessions will be held in separate Zoom meetings (each provided as links) and are designed to be a collaborative event with all participants with cameras and audio on to see other and hear other attendees. In this format, questions will be submitted through the chat feature in Zoom meeting. The session moderators will direct questions to the presenters as time permits.
Transitioning between Zoom Webinar and Zoom Meetings
You’ll be provided access to a page on the LHAC website and also emailed all links prior the conference where you can view the agenda with the Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinar links. Please do not share these links. Please save these links or keep this page easily accessible to view the links throughout the day. The links will also be provided in the Zoom chat before each transition so you may click on them to go to your next Webinar or Meeting.
Display Name Format in Zoom
Delegates must rename themselves to their first name, last name, and Organization upon entry. (Example: Tom Smith, Stanford Children’s Health)
How to Change Your Display Name in Zoom:
- Once you are in the Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar, click on the “Participants” button at the top of the Zoom window.
- Next, hover your mouse over your name in the “Participants” list on the right side of the Zoom window.
- Click on “Rename.”
- Enter the name you’d like to appear (following the format noted above) and click “OK” when finished.
Adjusting Your Zoom Screen and Zooming In
To adjust the size of the slides being presented relative to the size of the presenter video, use the “handle” as outlined by the red box below.
To zoom in on what is being shared on the screen, scroll to the top of the Zoom window and hover over the screen sharing toolbar. Click the “View Options” drop-down menu and hover over “Zoom Ratio” then select from the options available (i.e. Fit to Window, 50%, 100%).
Zoom Webinar Tips – For All Plenary Sessions
How to use the Q&A function in a Webinar
If you want to ask the speaker a question, click the “Q&A” button, click “Ask”, type into the text field, and click send.
You can engage in a webinar even when you’re muted by using the Chat feature. For questions, please solely use the Q&A function when in a Zoom Webinar.
Zoom Meeting Tips – For All Poster Presentations, Shook and Schein Dialogue, and Networking Sessions
- Keep your video on as much as possible in meetings to create a collaborative environment
- Please mute yourselves by clicking the Mute button (microphone icon as shown). A red slash will appear over the microphone icon indicating that your audio is now off. To unmute yourself and begin talking, click the Unmute button (microphone icon) in the bottom-left corner of the meeting window. Tip: You can also Press and hold the SPACE BAR to temporarily unmute yourself!
- Please use the Zoom Chat when in Zoom meetings to ask questions to the presenters.
- Speaker View vs. Gallery View: To switch from Active Speaker View, tap Switch to Gallery View in the upper-left corner of the Zoom window. If you do not see the controls, tap your screen to get them to appear. This will switch into Gallery View, which allows you to view up to 9 people at a time.